Caleb had 10 days off. It was wonderful! We drove to Utah to see Grandma and Grandpa and had so much fun. We had lots of good food, went swimming, hiking, played tennis,
built way too many legos :) and did lots of other fun things. The kids just wanted to be with grandma and grandpa all day and play, I don't think they even noticed that Caleb and I were there with them.
We went boating and fishing on Silver Lake up American Fork Canyon. The kids loved playing in the water, and getting in the boats.
We went to Salt Lake and Temple Square. We walked all around and looked at the Church History Museum and the new City Creek Mall.
The last two days of our trip we went camping at Bryce Canyon and then Zion National Park with Grandpa and Joseph.
Bryce was beautiful. I had never been to any of the Red Rock parks before, so for me it was amazing. I had never seen anything like it. We camped in the park. We hiked on the Navajo loop, which was perfect for Joshua's endurance level. For a short 2 mile hike it was amazing. We got to go through small ravines and and saw some awesome rock formations.
Our second day camping we went to Zion National Park. It was also beautiful. It was more fun for the kids because of the Virgin river for them to play in and cool down. We camped right on the river, and hiked the River walk trail up the Virgin Narrows a little bit. We also did Weeping rock, and the Emerald pools trail. They were all beautiful, short trails and perfect for the kids. I was surprised at how kid friendly the park was, the kids had a great time. One of the most beautiful parts of the park was actually the drive in to the canyon and through the mile long tunnel. Joshua loved the tunnel and could not believe how long it was. It was a wonderful trip, we were sad to have it end.







1 comment:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun adventures! So glad I got to see while you were here. Wish I could have seen more of you! It never quite feels long enough does it?
Post a Comment