Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vermin

In November I found mouse poop in my closet. I freaked out, took all the clothes and washed them and vacuumed everything. I put a bunch of sticky traps in the closet and locked my cat in our bedroom. I know you are wondering why we even have a mouse problem when we have a cat, that is exactly what I have been wondering. She is so fat that her stomach almost drags on the ground, so that might be the problem. Anyway I never caught a mouse and figured it moved on. I left the traps and would check them periodically. Then after about a month I pulled one of my sweaters off the top self and got showered with poop!! So I deep cleaned the closet again got more traps and thought surely I will catch it. The whole thing has repeated it self every month. Besides getting worn out clothes from over washing I was starting to get really paranoid. So I called mantainance. They said they couldn't control pests but will fill any holes around our heaters and stuff where they could be getting in. This was about a month ago. Last week I was doing my spring cleaning and was vacuuming out my closet and under the bed. Again I found more poop, this time under I bed!! So I called my dad, who is pretty good at catching pests and get some advice. He says sticky traps are no good you need snap traps with peanut butter, and poison in the attic. So I went out and got all my supplies and then some set the traps and felt confident that I would catch my fuzzy friends. I have been vigelently checking my traps all week. Then last night Joshua was up all night sick with a fever, so I was sitting in my rocker trying to soothe him back to sleep. At 5 am I heard a nibbling sound on the basket right next to me. Joshua was finally almost asleep so I sat and listened for about ten minutes until I could lay him down. The noise kept moving around the room. I got my flash light and tried to find it and it would move to somewhere else. I tried to wake Caleb up, to no avail. So I went down and got my cat, thinking for sure I would wake up in the morning with a dead mouse in a trap or by my cat. In the morning my cat was down stairs sound asleep, and all the peanut butter was licked off all six of my traps, and none of them had sprung!! So now I am really upset, and have doubled my traps. I am getting really close to moving out of our bedroom until the mouse is gone.

1 comment:

Corey said...

Oh what a bummer! I was so hoping to read in the end that the little sucker was DEAD! Good luck in trying to catch him!