We had a great Easter last week. Last year we started the tradition of reading the scriptures every night of Jesus' last week, and having a passover dinner on Thursday and talking about the last supper. It has been such a great experience and has really helped us stay focused on the Savior for the Easter week. We also did all the other Easter stuff. Joshua and I made sugar cookie eggs and decorated them. He loves helping me cook and was so excited. He did a good job decorating them too. They were all kind of tie died eggs.

We also died Easter eggs. Joshua loved it and cracked 80% of the eggs as he colored them. It was pretty fun, and well worth the mess and eggs. By the end his fingers were all multi-colored, but I really believe in letting kids fully experience things. Messes can always be cleaned, but the experience of doing something on their own is so fun for him and makes him feel confident.
The med school put on a great family Easter egg hut and activities. Joshua caught on to the Easter egg hunt pretty fast, but wanted to open every egg right after he found it.
On Sunday we had Easter baskets. Joshua was very into the trail of jelly beans.
It Snowed a little on Easter, but since then we have had some really nice Spring weather and have been playing outside everyday.


With spring I decided that I was really bored of my mellow pastel colored bathroom. So I went to Walmart to get a new shower curtain or something to change it. Caleb found this brightly colored striped fabric that normally would not be my taste at all. My whole house is pastels and kind of a shabby chic look, but I am liking brighter colors now, maybe it is the Winter. Anyway I re-did my whole bathroom for twenty bucks and I love it. I sewed a new shower curtain and basket liners and got new towels. I am considering going brighter in other areas of my house now.


It is a little bolder and brighter in person.

Joshua was helping me sew and measure out my basket liners. He played in there all morning.






No comments:
Post a Comment