Yesterday was sheep shearing day at Shelburne farms. Caleb was on call so Joshua and I went on our own. Joshua loved everything except the lecture on the history of wool, which I thought was really interesting. When they finally brought the sheep to be sheared after the lecture, Joshua kept saying "mama sheep baa" the whole time.

After the demonstration we got to walk around the farm and see all the other sheep. Joshua loved all the baby lambs getting "num nums".

They had a pen of the bottle-fed lambs that the kids could walk in and pet. I thought he might be a little scared, but he walked right in. He even thought it was funny when the lambs nibbled at his coat.

Here Joshua is saying to the little girl on the other side of the fence "no mine, mine lamb". Mine is his new favorite phrase. :(

We also saw all the other farm animals, and spent lots of time with the chickens of course.

1 comment:
What a fun little outing! I love baby animals! There are a couple farms on Bainbridge with baby lambs and they are so fun to watch bouncing around their field.
Post a Comment