Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Disneyland

A few months before we left Redlands we bought a last round of Disney pass as one of our family vacations for the year. While we lived in Redlands Disneyland was our almost every other week fun family outing. We went all the time. It was an hour away, so we could go right after school and have dinner and a fun afternoon as a family. It is seriously one of my favorite memories of living there just because we had so much fun and went so often. Since we had the ultra cheap limited passes we were only allowed to go on days when the park was not busy so it was perfect! Anyways we got our money out of our passes before we moved but still had a couple months left on them. So we decided to surprise the kids and do an overnight at Disneyland. 


We left right after Joshua got out of School and had an evening in the park. We slept down there and then had a whole day there. The kids were so excited to be back and had such a fun day. I love going to Disneyland when it is all decorated for Christmas. 


Abigail had to go on King Triton' s a couple times, and of course Ariel.


Being pregnant I stuck to the little mellow rides with Abigail. Although I could not believe how much both the kids had grown over the summer. Abigail was tall enough to go on almost every single ride. 


Joshua was finally tall enough to go on California Screamin! He cleared the mark by almost two inches, and when we had gone for his Birthday he was not tall enough. He loved the ride, he went on it twice! He is a little bit of a thrill seeker. 




We ended the day perfectly with Cafe Rio for dinner, which is another one of my Redlands traditions I really, really miss. 


It was a very fun trip, and day as a family. Although I do have to say the 2 and a half hour drive makes it not quite as relaxing and fun. We felt a lot more pressure to get on all the rides, and see all the shows. I loved our super relaxed slow paced visits we were use to. Once our pass expires I don't know if we would ever get a pass again. From as far north as we are it is much harder to use. But, Abigail asks me almost weekly when we will go to Disneyland again, so might try to squeeze in one more visit before the passes expire. :)

No comments: