Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas

This year was a very interesting Christmas. I started out a little depressed that we were not already in our house, like we thought we would be. I knew that all our Christmas decorations were in the far back corner buried in our storage unit, and I was kind of sad. Then we found one random box of our Christmas decorations in my parents basement. We had brought it up right after Christmas last year to slowly start our move up North. I had completely forgot about it. The most amazing thing is that the one random box had all our stockings, nativity, tree skirt, and Christmas books in it. Now I never pack all those things in one box and especially not this box. Usually it is my bulb and lights box because it is hard and plastic. I almost burst into to tears when I opened it and realized that it had all the things we would need to make us feel at home this Christmas. It was one of those small almost silly blessings that we are given every once in a while just to let us know that Heavenly Father really does care and watch over us. So despite going into the Christmas season forlorn, it ended up being a really amazing simple Christmas surounded with family and love. 


On Christmas Eve we had dinner and a Christmas program with all our local family. Grandma Bailey made Abigail and Joshua a Nativity dress up set for Christmas. They loved it! Abigail, being the only girl, of course had to play Mary. After the program we came home and did our own little Christmas Eve stuff of opening a present, etc. 





Christmas morning Caleb was home, and not fresh off a night shift! It was our first Christmas that has ever happened. We had a very fun relaxing morning opening presents.
Santa brought Abigail a dollhouse and Joshua a remote control car.  After presents we met back over at my parents for Christmas Brunch in our PJs. Then we came back home to play toys and let mommy and daddy take a little nap :). Christmas prep and morning can be exhausting!  


 We met up with all the family again for a big Christmas dinner. 3 of my 4 siblings were there and all their kids, besides the missionary, and my uncle and Gam. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures and will need to post some more latter.

I did get a picture of the kids digging up the buried treasure in my parents back yard. My Uncle made this elaborate map and instructions. It all led to a metal treasure chest filled with all sorts of "treasures." They had a very good time and could not believe that Grandpa had buried treasure in his back yard. (Although it is not too far out of their imaginations since Grandpa has them fully convinced that he was a real life pirate before he retired! So of course any good pirate would have buried treasure in their back yard!) 




No comments: