Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Happenings

We have been pretty busy the last couples weeks.  First I wanted to start with this lovely face. I can't figure out how she decided this is how to smile for pictures! I have actually never bought her a dress because we are blessed with hand me downs. A saw this on sale for only 12 dollars the other day and loved it so I finally have bought her a dress. 


I wanted to share her princess dress up. She loves to dress up, and dress all her dolls up with her.



 So am insane a decided to paint some more stuff at my house. Yeah I painted ALL the cupboards in my house and stained my handrail dark. I love how it looks, but will never be doing that again. I love fixing up my house and doing projects. But when we have the money I will have no problem paying someone to implement my ideas(knowing they will do so better than me).  I have no problem being the visionary. I hate painting, but love the results enough to push myself through it. I like to do my garden myself, but that is because it does not require a very patient hand and perfectionistic personality to look good. Because anyone who knows me knows I am far from either of those, and really don't care or notice. I am a Beifuss we don't think we do! It is about results and getting the job done as efficiently as possible. Anyway I am very happy with how it looks and love how the white contrasts the yellow.






For Caleb and I's 7th anniversary we went up North. We stayed at my parents, and were able to have some very nice alone time while the kids hung out with their cousins and grandma and grandpa. We also took a little family adventure up to San Luis Obispo.




So I have one hidden talent. I have a very long tongue and can touch my nose with ease. Joshua apparently inherited the same. Abigail is getting there. 


The other day we went Whale Watching in Newport beach with some ward and mission friends. It was a very fun and enjoyable boat ride, devoid of any sea life! 







 Well we did see the ever present California sea lions basking in the sun in the harbor.


Caleb is on an ICU month which means he is busy and has long call days. Today he was on call all day and will be home sometime tomorrow. So the kids and I took a trip out to Palm Desert to The Living Desert zoo. It was a very fun zoo for the kids. Joshua had his map out telling me where to go the whole time. 




Joshua's favorite part was of coarse the model train city. It was actually really big and impressive. 



They had an African village and petting zoo. Abigail loved the goats. 

  
A Leopard.


A cheetah, which was really cool to see in person. 


We had a great time seeing all the different desert animals. I thought it was definitely worth the trip. 

No comments: