Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas

Christmas came early this year. I left for California on the 11th so we had Christmas eve on the 10th, with Christmas dinner, story and all, and opened our presents and ate cinnamon rolls and a big breakfast on the 11th. Then I flew out to California with Joshua. Caleb joined us in California on the 21st well almost the 22nd by the time his flight finally came in. We were so excited to see him.

On Christmas Sunday Ezra and Joshua had matching Christmas outfits. They looked very cute, except Joshua's was soaked with drool by the time we got to Church. Grandma was so excited to have Joshua there and kept giving him kisses and getting red lipstick on him, so he always looked r
osy.



Since we finally had someone there to take a picture of our family we tried to take a family picture. Except Caleb decided to grow out a beard while I was away, I am trying to get him to set a date to shave it off. We'll see how it goes.




On Sunday was also Braddock's 1st birthday so the whole family went down to John and Kimberlee's to celebrate.



On Christmas eve my parents, Scott and Elizabeth, and us made a traditional Christmas eve dinner, read the Christmas story and opened one present. All the boys got matching cowboy pajama's. Elizabeth, mom and I all went shopping together, and hit all the same Christmas sales, so the boys ended up with a lot of matching clothes. :)



Christmas morning we had a huge breakfast with cinnamon rolls, and opened presents. Elizabeth, Scott and the boys came over for breakfast and to show us their presents. Caleb's favorite part of Christmas morning was helping the little boys put all their Playmobile stuff together, and then playing with them.




Then in the afternoon we went down to Travis and Susan's for the traditional Christmas dinner with the whole family. We ate, opened presents and played games. Kristin had got a really fun game for her play station called Sing Star, so we were all having singing show downs. Caleb and Elizabeth were getting very competitive, but Elizabeth won everyone in the end.



The week after Christmas we went on Joshua's first picnic, he loved laying in the sunshine and crawling out on the grass for the first time. Then I pushed him in the swing for the first time and he was so excited! Elijah and Isaac loved Joshua and were always hugging him and playing with him. He loved his cousins and thought they were so funny.



Bath time in Grandma's sink with Ezra.



One day we decided to take an adventure walk on one of the beach paths. Caleb, my dad and I walked for five miles, and Elizabeth and Scott ran for like nine miles with the two older boys on bikes. The boys slept really well that night. Afterwards we walked on the beach for a little bit. I love the ocean, and have a really hard time living away from it. So every time we go to California I have to walk along the beach and stick my feet in the sand to get grounded again.




We had so much fun in California, and I loved all the time I got to be outside in the sunshine and all the time we got to spend with my family. We were really busy the whole time and the trip went way to fast as usual. On New Years Eve we flew out to Utah to spend a week with Caleb's family, and are leaving to go home tomorrow. I will write a post about that trip when we get home.

I had to share my favorite view in the whole world, it makes me feel at home when ever I see it. To me it is the most beautiful view in the whole world.

5 comments:

Nat said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had a great Christmas. We can't wait for you to get back. It has been too quiet here in Vermont!

Martha said...

Kathryn and Caleb, I love this Blog thing. It's so wonderful to see you and your family growing up right before my eyes. I thought the pictures from Christmas were awasome too. It's great to see all the family and all the new babies. Granpa and Granma look great too! I love and miss all of you so much. Wish we were closer. Big hugs,
Love aunt Martha

Unknown said...

Joshua is too cute. I love the "bath in the sink with a buddy" picture. It looks like you are having a great time!! We can't wait to see you when you get back!

seetheminers said...

Your family is darling! I loved seeing the cute pictures and hearing your family's traditions. Caleb...nice beard...very festive, just not quite white. I wish we could have seen you guys when you were here but maybe next time. Cameron is getting married in San Diego Mar. 1 so if you guys need a little sunshine again, come!

Ashley said...

Adorable family! Your son looks exactly like you. How cute!!!