Friday, April 11, 2008

The Beach!!!

Caleb is so sad, we went to the beach today and had a picnic. It was such a great day, it was about 82 and not breezy at all. I was so excited to take Joshua to the beach for his first real beach experience. He has been either to little to get down and play, or it has been to cool for picnics and stuff. I was afraid he would not like the sand like he didn't like grass. I was wrong. He loved the sand. I put him on the blanket and he crawled right to the sand and started digging in it. After a while he noticed the water and started to crawl down all excited. The water was pretty cold but he absolutely loved it. He thought it was like a gigantic bathtub. He would stand and the water would come get his feet and he would laugh and laugh. Then we started to chase the wave and he was loving it. Afterwards he would not stay on the blanket and in the shade, all he wanted was to see the water. He is a real water dog. Caleb and I both loved the water as babies and kids. Every weekend we would take a family walk to the beach and we weren't ever supposed to go swimming we were just playing and walking. Somehow I would always accidentally trip into the water and get all wet. After that is would just be a waste to not go all the way in and swim and play. It was always the big joke that no matter what somehow I would always go swimming.


Down to the water...

Testing the water...then loving the water.

Digging in the sand with his shovel and pale.

Stealing Ezra's shovel.

3 comments:

Corey said...

What fun! I remember Hyrum reacting the same way when he went to the beach for the first time. Hopefully we'll have a nice summer here in Seattle and I'll be able to visit the Golden Gardens beach with the boys and play in the sand. It's great to see Joshua and Ezra playing in the sand together....what little beach bums!

Nat said...

I am sooooo jealous! I love the beach and wish I could go more often. Joshua looks like he was really enjoying the water- he's so cute.

Erica said...

Oh that sounds so great! I love the pictures of him playing in the sand... he looks so cute and so serious! How fun to be at the beach!