Thursday, November 1, 2007

Haloween

Halloween started out with the church trunk or treat party. They had dinner and had set up some of the rooms in the church with candy so the kids could trick or treat. Joshua was a cute little pumpkin so Caleb and I went as pumpkin farmers carrying our harvest. We decided to go home before the trick or treating, since Joshua was more interested in my apple and getting home to bed.





The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. I think pumpkin carving is one of Caleb's hidden talents, every year he gets so excited and into his carving.



This year we used some Martha Stewart tricks and made our own templates. Joshua helped me carve mine, so it took a while. Although we still finished before daddy.




Joshua loved the drill, he really wanted to see what it tasted like. Then I turned the drill on and started drilling holes in the pumpkin, he didn't like that part as much. We had to let daddy do the drilling why we stayed in the other room.




To celebrate Halloween I decided to make a fun dinner in pumpkins, since we weren't going trick or treating. Joshua just wanted to eat the napkins, and play with the pumpkins. The dinner turned out okay, and it was fun to eat out of pumpkins.




We lit our pumpkins up and dressed Joshua up for the trick or treaters. He didn't last very long, he kept giving us funny looks like saying "why am I in this big orange thing". So I dressed up in a big clown costume to answer the door. Joshua thought it was funny for about ten minutes and then got very worried about what mommy was wearing. We got a handful of kids, but Caleb was left with way more tootsie rolls and junior mints than he wanted.





Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Your site is so cute! I found your blog on Erica's. What a cute family. We were very impressed with your pumpkins last night!

Erica said...

What a fun Halloween! I loved your pumpkins, I was very impressed last night. You are so creative to do a dinner out of pumpkins, that was such a fun idea. Thanks Caleb for the box of junior mints! I was happy to take one off of your hands... Where was Kathryn? I would have loved to see the clown costume!

Unknown said...

Joshua was so cute! I love the baby/pumpkin costume thing. Dinner out of pumpkins sounds so fun. You are so creative to do that! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

dwrichy said...

That's a real man who uses a power drill to carve pumpkins. Caleb, respect to you!